Practice Test Instructions:
- Choose the best answer and receive instant feedback.
- Click next to go to the next question.
- Check your results at the end.
- Start a new version and keep studying!
Each test contains questions based on information in the official driver's handbook.
Good luck - PuedoManejar.com!
Want to Pass Your DMV Written Test the First Time?
Get Your Study Guide and Pass the Written Exam!
✔Over 97% of customers pass the first time
✔Study on your computer, phone, or tablet
✔100% money back guarantee if you don't pass
Get Your Written Test Study Guide!
|Your Total Score|
PuedoManejar.com! - Free DMV Practice Tests & So Much More
Want to Pass Your DMV Written Test the First Time?
Get Your Study Guide!
Find more free DMV practice tests from PuedoManejar.com to help you pass your real exams!
Examen de Manejo Rhode Island en Español
Pass the written test for your Rhode Island driver’s license the first time! Use this free practice test to help you prepare.
Ready to test your knowledge? Take the Rhode Island DMV permit practice test.
RI DMV Sample Test Questions
Use these sample questions in addition to the Rhode Island DMV practice test above to study for your driver’s license written exam. These questions are based on information you can find in your official driver’s handbook.
1. At intersections, crosswalks, and railroad crossings, you should always:
- Look to both sides of your vehicle before proceeding.
- Look to the left side of your vehicle before proceeding.
- Look to the right side of your vehicle before proceeding.
- Only look at the traffic lights and road signs.
2. If traffic is traveling faster than the posted speed limit:
- You may travel no faster than the posted speed limit.
- You can legally travel faster than the posted speed limit.
- You should be driving at 10 mph under the posted speed limit.
- You should drive at the same speed as other traffic.
3. A pennant shaped sign means:
- No passing zone.
- No parking zone.
- HOV lane.
- Lanes merge.
4. A green arrow showing with a red traffic light means:
- You can turn in the direction of the arrow after yielding to oncoming traffic.
- You can turn in the direction of the arrow.
- You may not turn in the direction of the arrow.
- You need to wait for the light to turn green.
5. You are in a truck’s blind spot if:
- You are 100 feet in front of the truck.
- You are to the right of the truck.
- You cannot see the truck driver in the truck’s mirrors.
- You are to the left of the truck.
Please refer to the section below to find the answers to the sample questions above.
RI DMV Written Test Answers
Check your answers below to see how you did. Click through to find an explanation for each topic. Remember to read through your driver’s handbook to gain an understanding of each topic that may show up on the official exam.
1. At intersections, crosswalks, and railroad crossings, you should always: A. Look to both sides of your vehicle before proceeding.
2. If traffic is traveling faster than the posted speed limit: A. You may travel no faster than the posted speed limit.
3. A pennant shaped sign means: A. No passing zone.
4. A green arrow showing with a red traffic light means: B. You can turn in the direction of the arrow.
5. You are in a truck’s blind spot if: C. You cannot see the truck driver in the truck’s mirrors.
Continue studying for your Rhode Island knowledge test with more free DMV practice tests and explanations in our DMV written test question and answers section.
Rhode Island Driver Handbook:
Here’s what you’ll find in the RI driver handbook:
- Obtaining a license.
- Road rules and safety laws.
- Traffic signs, signals and road markings.
- Sharing the road.
- Alcohol and drugs.
Rhode Island DMV Written Test Requirements
There are 25 questions on the Rhode Island DMV written exam. To pass the test, you will need to answer at least 20 questions correctly (80%).
The exam is based on the topics you will find in the RI driver’s manual.
After Passing the Written Exam
If you are under 18 years of age, you can obtain a learner’s permit after passing the written exam.
If you are at least 18 years old, you can take the road test after passing the written test.
Rhode Island Driver’s License & Testing FAQ
Check out the FAQs below to find answers to common questions about getting your driver’s license and taking your written test.
What is the minimum age to obtain a learner permit in Rhode Island?
You must be at least 16 years of age to obtain an instruction permit in Rhode Island.
How long do you have to have a learner’s permit for if you are under 18?
If you are under 18 years of age, you will have to have a permit for at least 6 months and practice driving with a licensed adult.
What are the supervised driving requirements if you are under 18 in RI?
You will have to complete at least 50 hours of supervised driving practice with 10 hours completed at night.
How many questions are there on the written test?
There are 25 questions in total on the written test for your RI driver’s license.
How many correct questions do you need to get to pass the test?
You will need a score of at least 80% to pass (20 correct questions).
How old must you be to apply for a driver’s license in Rhode Island?
To qualify for a provisional, restricted driver’s license, you will need to be at least 16 years old and have held a permit for at least 6 months.
To qualify for a full and unrestricted driver’s license, you will need be at least 17 years old and have had a provisional license for at least 12 months or be at least 18 years old.