For the Real PennDOT Written Test:
- How Many Questions:18
- How Many Correct Answers to Pass:15
- Passing Score:83%
Pennsylvania DOT Driver’s License Practice Test Instructions:
Select number of practice questions:
- Choose the best answer and receive instant feedback.
- Click next to go to the next question.
- Check your results at the end.
- Start a new version and keep studying!
Each test contains questions based on information in the official driver’s handbook for 2024.
Good luck – PuedoManejar.com!
Your Total Score:
PuedoManejar.com! – Free DMV Practice Tests & So Much More
How We Create Our Tests
Our free practice tests are expertly crafted to help you succeed on your first attempt of the DMV written exam. Learn more about our unique methodology and how it can benefit your study process.
Find more free DMV practice tests from PuedoManejar.com to help you pass your real exams!
Pass the written test for your Pennsylvania driver’s license the first time! Use this free practice test to help you prepare.
Ready to test your knowledge? Take the Pennsylvania DMV permit practice test.
PennDOT Sample Test Questions
Use these sample questions in addition to the Pennsylvania DMV practice test above to study for your driver’s license written exam. These questions are based on information you can find in your official driver’s handbook.
1. Stopping a vehicle with good brakes from 20 miles per hour under good conditions requires about:
- 63 feet to react and come to a stop.
- 55 feet to stop.
- 43 feet to apply the brakes and stop.
- 35 feet to react and come to a stop.
2. To see vehicles in your blind spot, you should check:
- In your sideview mirrors.
- Over your shoulders.
- In your rearview mirror.
- In front of your vehicle.
3. Drive below the posted speed limit when:
- Driving conditions are not ideal.
- It is raining.
- Visibility is low.
- All of these.
4. If another car is in danger of hitting you, you should:
- Speed up.
- Slow down or stop.
- All of these are potential options.
5. When approaching a railroad crossing, you must look _.
- Ahead for stopped traffic.
- To the right for oncoming trains
- To the left for oncoming trains.
- Both directions for oncoming trains.
Please refer to the section below to find the answers to the sample questions above.
PennDOT Written Test Answers
Check your answers below to see how you did. Click through to find an explanation for each topic. Remember to read through your driver’s handbook to gain an understanding of each topic that may show up on the official exam.
1. Stopping a vehicle with good brakes from 20 miles per hour under good conditions requires about: A. 63 feet to react and come to a stop.
2. To see vehicles in your blind spot, you should check: B. Over your shoulders.
3. Drive below the posted speed limit when: D. All of these.
4. If another car is in danger of hitting you, you should: D. All of these are potential options.
5. When approaching a railroad crossing, you must look _. D. Both directions for oncoming trains.
Pennsylvania Driver Handbook
Here’s what you’ll find in the PA driver’s handbook:
- Learner Permit Information.
- Signals, Signs and Marks on the Pavement
- Learning to Drive
- Driver Registration Information
- Driving Safety Laws and Related Matters
Pennsylvania DMV Written Test Requirements
The Pennsylvania written knowledge test has a total of 18 multiple choice and true / false questions.
You will have to answer at least 15 questions correctly to pass (83%).
The questions are based on the material found in the driver’s manual, such as road rules, driver safety and traffic signs.
After Passing the Written Exam
If you are under 18 years of age, you can obtain a learner’s permit after passing the written test.
If you are at least 18 years old, you can take the road test after passing the written test and receive a standard driver’s license.
Pennsylvania Driver’s License & Testing FAQ
Check out the FAQs below to find answers to common questions about getting your driver’s license and taking your written test.
What is the minimum age to obtain a learning permit in Pennsylvania?
The minimum age for a permit in Pennsylvania is 16 years old.
How long do you have to have a learner’s permit for if you are under 18?
If you are under 18, you will have to keep your driving permit for at least 6 months before taking your driving skills test.
What are the supervised driving requirements if you are under 18 in PA?
With your learner’s permit, you must complete at least 65 hours of supervised driving practice with a licensed adult. 10 hours must be completed at night and 5 hours must be completed in bad weather.
How many questions are on the written test?
There are 18 questions on the DMV written exam.
Learn more: How many questions are on the written test?
How many correct questions do you need to get to pass?
You must answer at least 15 questions correctly to pass.
How old must you be to apply for a driver’s license in Pennsylvania?
You must be at least 16 and a half years old to take the road test and receive a driver’s license.
If you are at least 18 years old, you can take the road test and get your driver’s license immediately after passing the written test.