For the Real MT DOJ Written Test:
- How Many Questions:33
- How Many Correct Answers to Pass:27
- Passing Score:82%
Montana DOJ Driver’s License Practice Test Instructions:
Select number of practice questions:
- Choose the best answer and receive instant feedback.
- Click next to go to the next question.
- Check your results at the end.
- Start a new version and keep studying!
Each test contains questions based on information in the official driver’s handbook for 2023.
Good luck – PuedoManejar.com!
Your Total Score:
PuedoManejar.com! – Free DMV Practice Tests & So Much More
Find more free DMV practice tests from PuedoManejar.com to help you pass your real exams!
Examen de Manejo Montana en Español
Pass the written test for your Montana driver’s license the first time! Use this free practice test to help you prepare.
Ready to test your knowledge? Take the Montana DMV permit practice test.
MT DOJ Sample Test Questions
Use these sample questions in addition to the Montana DOJ practice test above to study for your driver’s license written exam. These questions are based on information you can find in your official driver’s handbook.
1. As your vehicle speed increases, your field of vision:
- Always remains the same.
- None of these.
2. If you can see an emergency vehicle with flashing lights ahead, __.
- Speed up to get past the emergency vehicle as quickly as possible.
- Pull over towards the side of the road, but keep driving slowly.
- Pull over towards the side of the road and stop until the vehicle has passed.
- Continue driving as normal.
3. When driving, if you miss your turn you should:
- Continue driving until the next place to turn around.
- Drive in reverse to your turn.
- Do a U-turn, regardless of where you are.
- Stop and complete a 3-point turn to get back.
4. A triangular orange sign on the rear of a vehicle indicates that:
- It is a vehicle that is carrying hazardous material.
- It is a slow-moving vehicle.
- It is an HOV vehicle.
- It is driven by a student driver.
5. Where is it illegal to pass?
- Over a solid double yellow line.
- Near a hill or curve.
- In an intersection.
- All of these.
Please refer to the section below to find the answers to the sample questions above.
MT DOJ Written Test Answers
Check your answers below to see how you did. Click through to find an explanation for each topic. Remember to read through your driver’s handbook to gain an understanding of each topic that may show up on the official exam.
1. As your vehicle speed increases, your field of vision: B. Decreases.
2. If you can see an emergency vehicle with flashing lights ahead, __. C. Pull over towards the side of the road and stop until the vehicle has passed.
3. When driving, if you miss your turn you should: A. Continue driving until the next place to turn around.
4. A triangular orange sign on the rear of a vehicle indicates that: B. It is a slow-moving vehicle.
5. Where is it illegal to pass? D. All of these.
Continue studying for your Montana knowledge test with more free DMV practice tests and explanations in our DMV written test question and answers section.
Montana Driver’s Handbook
Here’s what you’ll find in the Montana Driver’s Manual:
- Driver’s license requirements.
- Vehicle requirements.
- Road signs, signs and markings.
- Driving rules.
- Driving safely.
- Emergencies, traffic, and stops.
Montana MVD Written Test Requirements
There are 33 questions on the Montana written exam. To pass, you will need to answer at least 27 questions correctly (82%).
The written exam will test the information found in the driver’s manual.
After Passing the Written Exam
If you are under 18 years of age, you will have to meet the requirements of the Montana graduate driver’s license program. Passing the written knowledge test will allow you to obtain a learner’s permit and start practicing driving with a licensed adult.
If you are over 18 years of age, you will be able to take a road test and get your full driver’s license after passing the written test.
Montana Driver’s License & Testing FAQs
Check out the FAQs below to find answers to common questions about getting your driver’s license and taking your written test.
What is the minimum age to obtain a permit in Montana?
You must be at least 14 and a half years old and enrolled in an approved driver education program. If you are not enrolled in driver education, you must be at least 16 years old.
How long do you have to have a learner’s permit for if you are under 18?
Drivers under 18 must have their learner’s permit at least six months before being eligible for the road test and a first-year restricted driver’s license.
What are the supervised driving requirements if you are under 18 in MT?
With a learner’s permit, you must complete at least 50 hours of supervised driving with a licensed driver who is at least 18 years old. 10 hours must be completed at night.
How many questions are on the written test in MT?
There are 33 questions on the written driver’s license exam.
Learn more: How many questions are on the written test?
How many correct questions do you need to get to pass the test?
You must answer 27 of the 33 questions correctly to pass the test (82%).
How old must you be to apply for a driver’s license in Montana?
You will be eligible for a full privilege driver’s license once you are at least 18 years old or on the date indicated on the back of your restricted driver’s license.