For the Real ME BMV Written Test:
- How Many Questions:30
- How Many Correct Answers to Pass:24
- Passing Score:80%
Maine BMV Driver’s License Practice Test Instructions:
Select number of practice questions:
- Choose the best answer and receive instant feedback.
- Click next to go to the next question.
- Check your results at the end.
- Start a new version and keep studying!
Each test contains questions based on information in the official driver’s handbook for 2024.
Good luck – PuedoManejar.com!
Your Total Score:
PuedoManejar.com! – Free DMV Practice Tests & So Much More
How We Create Our Tests
Our free practice tests are expertly crafted to help you succeed on your first attempt of the DMV written exam. Learn more about our unique methodology and how it can benefit your study process.
Find more free DMV practice tests from PuedoManejar.com to help you pass your real exams!
Pass the written test for your Maine driver’s license the first time! Use this free practice test to help you prepare.
Ready to test your knowledge? Take the Maine DMV permit practice test.
ME BMV Sample Test Questions
Use these sample questions in addition to the Maine BMV practice test above to study for your driver’s license written exam. These questions are based on information you can find in your official driver’s handbook.
1. When one vehicle is towing another by means of a chain, the chain must:
- Have a 6” hook on each end.
- Be attached to the hitch.
- Be made of stainless steel.
- Display a 12” square white flag or cloth.
2. When you drive through a construction zone, you should:
- Slow down and be prepared to stop at any time.
- Speed up to get through the area quickly.
- Come to a stop until instructed to proceed by a worker.
- Drive the same as you would anywhere else.
3. A curb painted blue means parking is:
- Reserved for short-term parking.
- Reserved for vehicles displaying a handicap plate or placard.
- Reserved for loading and unloading passengers.
4. Your blind spot is the area of the road:
- Directly in front of you.
- You can see in your rearview mirror.
- You can see in your sideview mirror.
- You cannot see without turning your head.
5. What vehicles must stop at all railroad crossings?
- Passenger busses.
- School busses.
- Trucks transporting hazardous materials.
- All of these.
Please refer to the section below to find the answers to the sample questions above.
ME BMV Written Test Answers
Check your answers below to see how you did. Click through to find an explanation for each topic. Remember to read through your driver’s handbook to gain an understanding of each topic that may show up on the official exam.
1. When one vehicle is towing another by means of a chain, the chain must: D. Display a 12” square white flag or cloth.
2. When you drive through a construction zone, you should: A. Slow down and be prepared to stop at any time.
3. A curb painted blue means parking is: B. Reserved for vehicles displaying a handicap plate or placard.
4. Your blind spot is the area of the road: D. You cannot see without turning your head.
5. What vehicles must stop at all railroad crossings? D. All of these.
Maine Driver’s Manual
Here’s what you’ll find in the Maine driver’s manual:
- Information about the Maine driver’s license.
- Staying fit to drive.
- How to drive a motor vehicle.
- Emergency management.
- Driving safety.
Maine BMV Written Test Requirements
The Maine DMV written license exam has a total of 30 questions based on information in the driver’s manual.
The questions will cover topics that include:
- Road rules.
- Road signs.
- Safety for pedestrians and bicycles.
- Distracted driving.
To pass the written exam, you will need to answer at least 24 questions correctly (80%).
After Passing the Written Exam
If you are under 21 years of age, you can obtain your driving permit after successfully passing the written test.
With a learning permit, you can practice driving with a licensed adult.
If you are 21 years of age or older, there is no required amount of time required to have a learner’s permit.
Maine Driver’s License & Testing FAQs
Check out the FAQs below to find answers to common questions about getting your driver’s license and taking your written test.
What is the minimum age to obtain a learner permit in Maine?
You must be at least 15 years old and have completed the driver’s education to apply for a Maine learner permit.
How long do you have to have a permit for if you are under 18?
If you are under 21 years of age, you will have to have a learner permit at least 6 months before you will be eligible to take your driving skills test.
What are the supervised driving requirements if you are under 21 in ME?
If you are under 21 years of age, you must complete at least 70 hours of practice driving with the learner’s permit. 10 hours must be completed at night.
How many questions are on the written test in ME?
There are 30 questions on the written test.
Learn more: How many questions are on the written test?
How many correct questions do you need to get in order to pass the test?
To pass the Maine written exam, you must answer at least 24 questions correctly.
How old must you be to apply for a driver’s license in Maine?
You must be at least 16 years old to qualify for an intermediate license. The intermediate license phase will last 270 days.
Every driver under 21 years of age will have a provisional license period that lasts 2 years.
Drivers over 21 will have a provisional license period of 1 year.
During the provisional licensing phase, the conviction of any moving violation will result in a suspended license.