Practice Test Instructions:
- Choose the best answer and receive instant feedback.
- Click next to go to the next question.
- Check your results at the end.
- Start a new version and keep studying!
Each test contains questions based on information in the official driver's handbook.
Good luck - PuedoManejar.com!
Want to Pass Your DMV Written Test the First Time?
Get Your Study Guide and Pass the Written Exam!
✔Over 97% of customers pass the first time
✔Study on your computer, phone, or tablet
✔100% money back guarantee if you don't pass
Get Your Written Test Study Guide!
|Your Total Score|
PuedoManejar.com! - Free DMV Practice Tests & So Much More
Want to Pass Your DMV Written Test the First Time?
Get Your Study Guide!
Find more free DMV practice tests from PuedoManejar.com to help you pass your real exams!
Examen de Manejo Kentucky en Español
Pass the written test for your Kentucky driver’s license the first time! Use this free practice test to help you prepare.
Ready to test your knowledge? Take the Kentucky DMV permit practice test.
KY Transportation Cabinet Sample Test Questions
Use these sample questions in addition to the Kentucky DMV practice test above to study for your driver’s license written exam. These questions are based on information you can find in your official driver’s handbook.
1. The average large truck traveling at 55 mph can take almost how many feet to stop?
- 200 feet.
- 400 feet.
- 600 feet.
- 800 feet.
2. A vehicle suddenly cuts in front of you creating a hazard. What should you do first?
- Honk your horn.
- Change lanes.
- Slam on the brake.
- Take your foot off the gas pedal.
3. What appears on a warning sign that tells you the road is slippery when wet?
- A puddle.
- A straight line and a zig-zag line.
- A car with squiggly lines coming from it.
4. You drive defensively when you:
- Drive at the posted speed limit at all times.
- Only use your mirrors to check traffic behind you.
- Constantly scan for hazards.
- Keep your eyes fixed in one position.
5. A driver waiting to make a left turn when the traffic light turns green should:
- Keep their wheel straight, yield to oncoming traffic, and complete the turn when safe.
- Turn their wheels to the left, yield to oncoming traffic, and complete the turn when safe.
- Complete the turn when the light turns green.
- Not make the turn because left turns are not allowed on green lights.
Please refer to the section below to find the answers to the sample questions above.
KY TC Written Test Answers
Check your answers below to see how you did. Click through to find an explanation for each topic. Remember to read through your driver’s handbook to gain an understanding of each topic that may show up on the official exam.
1. The average large truck traveling at 55 mph can take almost how many feet to stop? D. 800 feet.
2. A vehicle suddenly cuts in front of you creating a hazard. What should you do first? D. Take your foot off the gas pedal.
3. What appears on a warning sign that tells you the road is slippery when wet? D. A car with squiggly lines coming from it.
4. You drive defensively when you: C. Constantly scan for hazards.
5. A driver waiting to make a left turn when the traffic light turns green should: A. Keep their wheel straight, yield to oncoming traffic, and complete the turn when safe.
Continue studying for your Kentucky knowledge test with more free DMV practice tests and explanations in our DMV written test question and answers section.
Kentucky Driver’s Handbook
What you’ll find at the Kentucky driver’s manual:
- Licensing processes and laws
- Road rules.
- Traffic lights and traffic signs.
- Use of lanes.
- Looking around while driving.
- Communication with other drivers.
- Sharing the road.
- Speed control.
- Alcohol and drugs.
Kentucky DMV Written Test Requirements
The Kentucky written license exam has a total of 40 questions based on information you can find in the KY driver’s manual.
To pass the exam, you will need to answer 32 of the 40 questions correctly.
After Passing the Written Test
If you are under 18 years of age, you will have to complete the Kentucky graduated driver’s license program. After passing the written exam, you will be eligible to receive a permit that you can use to practice driving.
If you are getting your first driver’s license, you will need to have a permit for:
- 180 days if you are under 21 years old.
- 30 days if you are at least 21 years old.
Kentucky Driver’s License & Testing FAQs
Check out the FAQs below to find answers to common questions about getting your driver’s license and taking your written test.
What is the minimum age to get a learner’s permit in Kentucky?
You must be at least 16 years old to receive a driver’s license in Kentucky.
How long do you have to have a learner’s permit for if you are under 18?
If you are under 21 years of age, you must have your driving permit for at least 180 days.
If you are at least 21 years old, you will have to keep your permit for at least 30 days.
How many questions are on the written test in KY?
There are 40 questions on the Kentucky driver’s license written test.
Learn more: How many questions are on the written test?
How many correct questions do you need to get in order to pass the test?
To pass, you need to answer 32 questions correctly (80%).