Practice Test Instructions:
- Choose the best answer and receive instant feedback.
- Click next to go to the next question.
- Check your results at the end.
- Start a new version and keep studying!
Each test contains questions based on information in the official driver's handbook.
Good luck - PuedoManejar.com!
Want to Pass Your DMV Written Test the First Time?
Get Your Study Guide and Pass the Written Exam!
✔Over 97% of customers pass the first time
✔Study on your computer, phone, or tablet
✔100% money back guarantee if you don't pass
Get Your Written Test Study Guide!
|Your Total Score|
PuedoManejar.com! - Free DMV Practice Tests & So Much More
Want to Pass Your DMV Written Test the First Time?
Get Your Study Guide!
Find more free DMV practice tests from PuedoManejar.com to help you pass your real exams!
Examen de Manejo Idaho en Español
Pass the written test for your Idaho driver’s license the first time! Use this free practice test to help you prepare.
Ready to test your knowledge? Take the Idaho DMV permit practice test.
ID DMV Sample Test Questions
Use these sample questions in addition to the Idaho DMV practice test above to study for your driver’s license written exam. These questions are based on information you can find in your official driver’s handbook.
1. When merging with freeway traffic, you should try to merge ____.
- At 55 mph.
- At a slower speed.
- At the same speed.
- At a faster speed.
2. Should you always drive slower than other traffic?
- Yes, it is required by law.
- Yes, it is always safer to drive slower than other traffic.
- No, doing so will wear out your tires faster.
- No, doing so can disrupt the safe and normal flow of traffic.
3. Flash your brake lights or turn on your emergency flashers if you:
- Want to tell a driver to stop following too closely.
- Need to change lanes.
- Need to warn other drivers of an accident or slowed traffic ahead.
- Want to slow down.
4. As you approach a roundabout, you should:
- Slow down.
- Speed up.
- Come to a complete stop.
- Continue at the same speed.
5. You may turn right on a solid red light:
- Without stopping completely.
- After coming to a complete stop to yield to pedestrians and other vehicles in the intersection.
- If the traffic light is showing a solid red arrow.
- Even if there is a road sign that prohibits right turns on red.
Please refer to the section below to find the answers to the sample questions above.
ID DMV Written Test Answers
Check your answers below to see how you did. Click through to find an explanation for each topic. Remember to read through your driver’s handbook to gain an understanding of each topic that may show up on the official exam.
1. When merging with freeway traffic, you should try to merge ____. C. At the same speed.
2. Should you always drive slower than other traffic? D. No, doing so can disrupt the safe and normal flow of traffic
3. Flash your brake lights or turn on your emergency flashers if you: C. Need to warn other drivers of an accident or slowed traffic ahead.
4. As you approach a roundabout, you should: A. Slow down.
5. You may turn right on a solid red light: B. After coming to a complete stop to yield to pedestrians and other vehicles in the intersection.
Continue studying for your Idaho knowledge test with more free DMV practice tests and explanations in our DMV written test question and answers section.
Idaho Driver’s Handbook
What you will find in the ID driver’s manual:
- Driver license information.
- Traffic laws.
- Signs, signs, and indications on the pavement.
- Sharing the road.
- Adjusting to driving conditions.
- Driving on the highway or freeway.
- How to protect your driving privilege.
- Vehicle equipment and safety.
Idaho DMV Written Test Requirements
If you are under 18 years of age, you will have to take the DMV written test and driving test no earlier than 6 months after the date you complete your driver’s training course.
The Idaho DMV written test has a total of 40 questions about traffic laws, driving safety, signs and signals.
You must answer at least 35 questions correctly to pass the written exam (85%).
Idaho Driver’s License & Testing FAQs
Check out the FAQs below to find answers to common questions about getting your driver’s license and taking your written test.
What is the minimum age to obtain a permit in Idaho?
You must be at least 14 and a half years old to be eligible for a learners permit.
How long do you have to have a learner permit for if you are under 18?
If you are under 18, you must have a learners permit for at least 6 months to practice supervised driving with a licensed adult who is at least 21 years old.
What are the supervised driving requirements if you are under 18 in ID?
With a permit, you must complete at least 50 hours of supervised driving practice with 10 hours completed at night.
How many questions are on the written test?
There are 40 questions on the written test.
Learn more: How many questions are on the written test?
How many correct questions do you need to get in order to pass the test?
You must answer at least 35 questions correctly to pass.
What happens if you fail the written test?
If you fail the written test, you will have to wait at least 3 days before trying again.
How old must you be to apply for a driver’s license in Idaho?
You must be at least 15 years old and have met the requirements of the Idaho GDL program with the In order to take the written test and driving skills and obtain a provisional driver’s license.
Standard, unrestricted driver’s licenses are available for drivers who are at least 18 years old.