Practice Test Instructions:
- Choose the best answer and receive instant feedback.
- Click next to go to the next question.
- Check your results at the end.
- Start a new version and keep studying!
Each test contains questions based on information in the official driver's handbook.
Good luck - PuedoManejar.com!
Want to Pass Your DMV Written Test the First Time?
Get Your Study Guide and Pass the Written Exam!
✔Over 97% of customers pass the first time
✔Study on your computer, phone, or tablet
✔100% money back guarantee if you don't pass
Get Your Written Test Study Guide!
|Your Total Score|
PuedoManejar.com! - Free DMV Practice Tests & So Much More
Want to Pass Your DMV Written Test the First Time?
Get Your Study Guide!
Find more free DMV practice tests from PuedoManejar.com to help you pass your real exams!
Pass the written test for your Connecticut driver’s license the first time! Use this free practice test to help you prepare.
You’ll receive immediate feedback after each response.
Our questions are based on real CT DMV test questions.
Ready to test your knowledge? Take the Connecticut DMV permit practice test.
CT DMV Practice Test Questions
Use these sample questions in addition to the Connecticut DMV practice test above to study for your driver’s license written exam. These questions are based on information you can find in your official driver’s handbook.
1. If you see a diamond-shaped sign, it will be what type of sign?
- Stop sign.
- Regulatory sign.
- Warning sign.
- Guide sign.
2. A red and white triangular sign at an intersection means:
- Stop at the limit line.
- Continue driving.
- Slow down and be prepared to stop and yield to other traffic, bicycles, and pedestrians if necessary.
- Slow down, but do not stop under any circumstances.
3. On expressways it is recommended to pass on the:
- Any lane.
4. When a right turn on red is permitted, you must still __.
- Wait until the light is green.
- Come to a complete stop.
- Only turn if you have a green arrow.
- Keep moving without stopping.
5. Allow extra space in front of your vehicle when following a:
- All of these.
Please refer to the section below to find the answers to the sample questions above.
CT DMV Written Test Answers
Check your answers below to see how you did. Click through to find an explanation for each topic. Remember to read through your driver’s handbook to gain an understanding of each topic that may show up on the official exam.
1. If you see a diamond-shaped sign, it will be what type of sign? C. Warning sign.
2. A red and white triangular sign at an intersection means: C. Slow down and be prepared to stop and yield to other traffic, bicycles, and pedestrians if necessary.
3. On expressways it is recommended to pass on the: A. Left.
4. When a right turn on red is permitted, you must still __. B. Come to a complete stop.
5. Allow extra space in front of your vehicle when following a: D. All of these.
Study the Connecticut Driver’s Manual
What you will find in the CT driver’s manual:
- How to get a driver’s license.
- What to do before getting behind the wheel.
- Driving safety.
- Road signs and traffic signals.
- Alcohol laws and driving.
Check out our CT DMV driver handbook study guide to help you prepare in addition to the CT permit practice test.
Connecticut DMV Written Test Requirements
The Connecticut DMV written knowledge test has a total of 25 questions.
To pass, you will need to answer at least 20 questions correctly (80%).
You will be tested in traffic laws, driving safety, traffic signs and other information that can be found in the CT driver’s manual.
After Passing the CT Permit Test
If you are under 18 years of age, you will need to obtain a learner’s permit after passing the written test. You will have to hold the permit for at least 120 days and up to 180 days, depending on your driver’s training.
If you are at least 18 years old, you will receive a learning permit that you must maintain for 90 days before taking the road test.
Connecticut Driver’s License & Testing FAQs
Check out the FAQs below to find answers to common questions about getting your driver’s license and taking your written test.
What is the minimum age to get a learner’s permit in Connecticut?
You must be at least 16 years old to apply for a learner permit in Connecticut.
For more details, check out our guide on how to get a Connecticut learner’s permit.
How long do you have to have a learner’s permit for if you are under 18?
If you are under 18, you will have to keep your learner’s permit for 120 days if you complete a licensed commercial driving course and 180 days if you complete the driving training through a high school or at home.
If you are at least 18 years old, you will have to practice driving with your learner’s permit at least 90 days before taking the driving test and receiving your driver’s license.
How many questions are there in How many questions are on the CT permit test?
There are 25 questions on the written exam for a Connecticut driver’s license.
How can I pass my permit test in CT?
You need to answer 20 questions correctly to pass the written test.
All of the answers to the Connecticut DMV test can be found in the official driver’s handbook.
If you study and prepare by reading the handbook and taking some of our practice tests, you’ll be well on your way to passing the exam and receiving your Connecticut learner’s permit.
What happens if you fail the written test?
If you fail the written CT test, you will need to schedule an appointment to take it again and pay the exam fee. You must wait at least 7 days before you can retest.
How old must you be to apply for a driver’s license in Connecticut?
You must be at least 16 years old to qualify for a learner’s permit.
You will be eligible to take your road test and obtain a driver’s license after completing the driver training requirements and holding the permit for 120 to 180 days.
Learn more about getting a Connecticut driver’s license.