Practice Test Instructions:
- Choose the best answer and receive instant feedback.
- Click next to go to the next question.
- Check your results at the end.
- Start a new version and keep studying!
Each test contains questions based on information in the official driver's handbook.
Good luck - PuedoManejar.com!
Want to Pass Your DMV Written Test the First Time?
Get Your Study Guide and Pass the Written Exam!
✔Over 97% of customers pass the first time
✔Study on your computer, phone, or tablet
✔100% money back guarantee if you don't pass
Get Your Written Test Study Guide!
|Your Total Score|
PuedoManejar.com! - Free DMV Practice Tests & So Much More
Want to Pass Your DMV Written Test the First Time?
Get Your Study Guide!
Find more free DMV practice tests from PuedoManejar.com to help you pass your real exams!
Pass your Arkansas Permit Test on the First Try
Pass the written test for your Arkansas driver’s license the first time! Use this free practice test to help you prepare.
Ready to test your knowledge? Take the Arkansas DMV permit practice test.
One of the first major steps towards getting your instruction permit and driver’s license is passing the written exam administered by the Arkansas State Police.
AR DPS Sample Test Questions
Use these sample questions in addition to the Arkansas DFA practice test above to study for your driver’s license written exam. These questions are based on information you can find in your official driver’s handbook.
1. To avoid tailgating, one should follow the:
- 2-second rule.
- 3-second rule.
- 4-second rule.
2. Large trucks turning right onto a street with two lanes in each direction:
- Will take a sharp right turn.
- Always have the right of way.
- Will always stay completely in their lane.
- May swing left to begin the turn.
3. What is a turnout area?
- An area on narrow roads to allow other vehicles to pass.
- An area on narrow roads to make a u-turn.
- A lane for turning.
- A rest area.
4. When entering a street from a private alley or driveway, you must:
- Pull up to the edge of the curb immediately.
- Stop, look, and yield to pedestrians before crossing over the sidewalk.
- Only make a right turn.
- Wait until oncoming traffic has a red light before you go.
5. When sharing the road with a truck, it is important to remember that, in general, trucks:
- Require a longer distance to stop.
- Have large blind spots around them.
- May swing wide to the left to complete a right turn.
- All of these.
Please refer to the section below to find the answers to the sample questions above.
AR DMV Written Test Answers
Check your answers below to see how you did. Click through to find an explanation for each topic. Remember to read through your driver’s handbook to gain an understanding of each topic that may show up on the official exam.
1. To avoid tailgating, one should follow the: C. 3-second rule.
2. Large trucks turning right onto a street with two lanes in each direction: D. May swing left to begin the turn.
3. What is a turnout area? A. An area on narrow roads to allow other vehicles to pass.
4. When entering a street from a private alley or driveway, you must: B. Stop, look, and yield to pedestrians before crossing over the sidewalk.
Study the Arkansas Driver’s Manual
What you’ll find in the AR driver’s manual:
- Types of graduated licenses.
- The licensing process.
- Preparing to drive.
- Arkansas seat belt laws.
- Speed limits.
- Traffic signs.
- Safe driving practices.
- School bus laws.
- Pedestrian crossings.
- Intersections and railroad crossings.
- Distracted driving.
- Allowing other drivers to know your intentions.
- Unusual traffic circumstances.
Your Arkansas permit test consists of multiple-choice questions that are all based on information you can find in the official driver’s handbook.
In order to pass, you should read and study the handbook as well as take some practice permit tests until you feel ready for the real exam.
Arkansas DMV Written Test Requirements
There are a total of 25 questions on the written driver license test in Arkansas.
The questions are based on the information found in the AR driver’s manual.
You need an 80% score to pass (20 questions answered correctly).
After Passing the Driver’s License Written Test in Arkansas
If you are younger than 18 years old, you’ll receive a learner’s permit after passing the Arkansas written test.
The student’s permit will allow him to drive with a licensed adult who is at least 21 years old.
If you are over 18 years of age, you can take your road test to receive a regular driver’s license after passing the written test.
Arkansas Driver License & Testing FAQs
Check out the FAQs below to find answers to common questions about getting your driver’s license and taking your written test.
What is the minimum age to get a learner’s permit in Arkansas?
You must be at least 14 years old to be eligible for a learner permit in Arkansas.
How long do you have to have an Arkansas learner’s permit for if you are under 18?
If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your permit for at least 6 months and be at least 16 years old before qualifying for an intermediate driver’s license.
How many questions are on the Arkansas state driver’s test?
There are 25 questions about the Arkansas written test.
How many correct questions do you need to get in order to pass the test?
To pass the test, you will need to answer at least 20 questions correctly (80%).
How old must you be to apply for a driver’s license in Arkansas?
You must be at least 16 years old to obtain an intermediate and restricted driver’s license in Arkansas.
An unrestricted driver’s license is granted for people over 18.
What are the driving restrictions for a graduated driver’s license (GDL) or a provisional license?
After you satisfy the requirements for your Arkansas learner’s permit, you’ll be able to move onto the intermediate license phase.
With a provisional driver’s license in Arkansas you cannot drive with more of a passenger who is under 21 and is not related to you.
You cannot drive between 11 pm and 4 am unless you are accompanied by a supervising driver who is at least 21 years of age or if you are driving to school, church, work or an emergency.
After you’ve taken our free Arkansas DMV practice tests, be sure to check out our simplified guides that cover everything you need to know about your learner’s permit, intermediate driver’s license, and unrestricted driver’s license: