Practice Test Instructions:
- Choose the best answer and receive instant feedback.
- Click next to go to the next question.
- Check your results at the end.
- Start a new version and keep studying!
Each test contains questions based on information in the official driver's handbook.
Good luck - PuedoManejar.com!
Want to Pass Your CDL Test the First Time?
Get Your Study Guide and Pass Your Written Exam!
Get Your CDL Study Guide!
|Your Total Score|
PuedoManejar.com! - Free DMV Practice Tests & So Much More
Want to Pass Your CDL Test the First Time?
Get Your Study Guide!
Find more free DMV practice tests from PuedoManejar.com to help you pass your real exams!
This West Virginia CDL practice test includes 20 multiple choice questions based on information in the official commercial driver’s license handbook.
You’ll receive instant feedback after each question and answer. And you can restart the quiz or refresh the page for a completely new version. Take as many practice tests as you need to!
About the West Virginia CDL Written Tests
All of the information on the West Virginia CDL knowledge exam come from the official CDL handbook.
You can find the official copy from the West Virginia DMV here: Download West Virginia Commercial Driver’s License Handbook
The knowledge tests you’ll need to take and pass depend on the Class of CDL you are applying for and the endorsements you plan to get.
At the very least, all CDL applicants in West Virginia will need to pass the CDL general knowledge exam, which is based on Sections 1 through Section 3 in the CDL manual.
You’ll be tested on questions about:
- General Trucking Knowledge.
- Driving a Commercial Vehicle Safely.
- Transporting Cargo Safely.
Here’s what you need to know about the West Virginia CDL general knowledge exam:
- There are a total of 50 questions.
- There is a time limit of 60 minutes to take the test.
- You must get a score of 80% or 40 correct answers to pass.
Which CDL tests do you need to pass in West Virginia?
The CDL knowledge tests you need to take in West Virginia depend on which Class of CDL you’re applying for and which endorsements you need. The CDL written tests you may need to take include:
- General knowledge test for all applicants.
- The air brakes test if you want to operate a commercial vehicle equipped with air brakes.
- The combination vehicles test if you want to drive combination vehicles (i.e. Class A CDL and commercial vehicles pulling trailers).
- The passenger transport test if you plan to drive a bus.
- The school bus test if you plan to drive a school bus.
- The doubles/triples test if you plan to drive combination vehicles with two or more trailers.
- The tanker test if you plan to transport liquid or gas cargo.
- The hazardous materials test if you plan to transport hazmat cargo.
- Take a free HazMat practice test.
If you plan on taking multiple CDL knowledge and endorsement tests on the same day, you should plan to give yourself at least 2 to 3 hours to take the tests.
How to Get a CDL in West Virginia
To be eligible for a commercial driver’s license in West Virginia, you must:
- Be a West Virginia resident.
- Be at least 18 years old to drive within West Virginia.
- Be at least 21 years old to drive interstate.
- Already hold a valid, noncommercial West Virginia driver’s license, with at least 2 years of driving experience.
As part of your application, you’ll need to submit:
- A completed application for a CDL.
- Proof of your age and identity.
- Proof of your Social Security Number.
- Proof of your residency in the state.
- Certified medical documents and paperwork.
- Any necessary background checks.
- Payment for your Commercial Learner’s Permit and Testing Fees.
The first step towards getting your commercial driver’s license is your West Virginia Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP). To get the CLP you’ll need to:
- Visit the DMV.
- Submit your application, identification, residency, and medical documents, and pay the necessary fees.
- Pass a vision test.
- Pass the CDL general knowledge test and any necessary written tests for endorsements you’ll be applying for.
After you pass the tests, you’ll receive your West Virginia commercial learner’s permit, which is valid for 180 days.
With your learner’s permit, you’ll be able to practice driving a commercial vehicle with a supervising instructor and prepare for your road test.
You’ll be eligible to take your CDL skills test after you’ve held the CLP for at least 14 days.
You will either take your skills test through the DMV or an authorized testing facility. You’ll need to take and pass the test in the type of commercial vehicle that corresponds with your CDL Class and any endorsements.
Fees for your West Virginia CDL may include:
- $25 written testing fee.
- $10 endorsement fee.
- $100 skills test fee.